- In case of inflammation of the surrounding periodontal tissue, the food debris accumulates between the tooth and the gum, which causes pain and, in time, the appearance of the caries.
- If the wisdom tooth affects neighboring teeth.
- Orthodontic device – It is considered a good idea to extract the wisdom tooth in case of crowded dentition,so after extraction the specialist doctor can benefit from the space obtained for a correct alignment of the teeth.
- Another extractional indication would be the situation in which the wisdom tooth remain included (partially or totally), causing crowded dentition, caries in neighboring teeth as well as damage to the adjacent gingival tissue.
Complications caused by the 3rd molar (Wisdom Tooth):
- Repeated infections (pericoronitis), their treatment being difficult to achieve.
- Alveolitis (postextractional dry socket).
- Trismus, dental neuralgia, hypersalivation.
- Dental crowding that leads to poor hygiene and to the appearance of calculus and bacterial plaque.
The extraction of the erupted wisdom tooth is a common procedure in dental offices, performed under local anesthesia. The postexctral healing period may be slightly prolonged compared to a regular tooth, due to its position and problems of hygiene, with the difficult access of the tooth brush to the area.
In the case of more complicated extractions, for the same reasons as above, it is recommended to suture the tissue for improved alveolar coverage. In this case, the patient is summoned to the office 5-7 days after extraction to remove the sutures. In some cases, a postextractional antibiotic may be given for 5-7 day.
Call us for an appointment:
0745 585 877 Clinica EXCEDENT PANDURI.
0744 537 377 Clinica EXCEDENT AVIATIEI